The expectations of IT keep rising. Every organization depends on its IT professionals for competitive breakthroughs, integrated systems and early adoption of IT advances. We want our IT professionals to manage all emerging technologies such as the Internet, electronic commerce, groupware, broadband networks and network security tools.
To meet these expectations, the IT professional’s technical expertise is no longer enough — internal clients are only too happy to just have a “quick fix”. The challenge is to develop a deeper relationship with internal customers so that the technology solutions are truly solving the business issues. The deeper relationship is one of becoming a trusted business partner and collaborator. This requires IT staff to add consulting skills to its set of tools — how to have more influence when they do not have direct control. Flawless Consulting for Information Technology Professionals from Peter Block’s Designed Learning helps participants develop greater collaboration, get IT recommendations accepted and solutions actually implemented. To achieve this we have designed Flawless Consulting for Information Technology Professionals. This is customized from our popular Flawless Consulting: Contracting. This new adaptation allows participants to apply these proven techniques to their own unique situation.
Flawless Consulting for IT Professionals Target Outcomes:
- Transform the IT function to one of trusted business partner as well as technical expert.
- Negotiate more effective and enduring agreements with clients and customers in multiple departments.
- Gain better use of staff expertise in the system.
- Work more in a partnership role with others.
- Develop the ability to assertively express your needs for successful projects and implementations.
- Understand how your expertise can be utilized in complex organizational systems and create better business results.