Change the conversation.
Bring Flawless Consulting into your organization. Flawless Consulting on-site workshops provide an opportunity for your staff to gain the insight and the expertise to deal effectively as consultants with clients, peers and others.
For Peter Block, “a consultant is a person in a position to have some influence over an individual, a group, or an organization, but who has no direct power to make changes or implement programs.”
- For example, the IT Department may be tasked with implementing a new email software within the organization. The IT tech, or the IT department, is considered the consultant, while the users of the email software are the client. In many organizations, the consultant feels pressure and resistance to this change from the client. This can result in failure of the project. With Flawless Consulting, your staff will learn how to build 50/50 relationships with clients, and help increase the chances for a successful project.
- An internal consultant can be anyone tasked with influencing others. Human Resources staff typically works as a consultant. An internal consultant may also be anyone from Administration, Finance, Technology, and the like.
We use the word consulting in a very general sense, to cover many functions. Anyone doing “staff work” is consulting. With that, Flawless Consulting is geared toward not just people who consider themselves consultants, but also to both technical and nontechnical staff people within any organization.
Flawless Consulting On-Site Training
By bringing Flawless Consulting training into your organization, you will ensure your entire staff receives the Flawless Consulting insight and information. Designed Learning trainers will travel to your location, anywhere in the world, and and provide the Flawless Consulting workshop.
The on-site workshops present the same concepts as provided in our public workshops for Flawless Consulting Contracting and Flawless Consulting Discovery. The benefit of having this training in-house is that your organization need not worry about travel and logistics. Even more important is that your entire staff will learn and understand the concepts, rather than simply having the one or two staff members that attended the public workshop try to pass on this information to the rest of the group.
Our offerings include workshops where staff professionals learn the competencies to use within the consulting relationship. We are advocates for the importance of staff groups within organizations. We support them in their efforts to reinvent themselves into consulting organizations. With us they develop the expertise that builds the capacity of their clients for marketplace success.
Designed Learning’s workshops, consulting, and implementation support includes:
- Managing client/consultant relationships
- Developing offers from staff groups that promise to build real capacity in client organizations
- Creating powerful, sustainable change at the local level
- Transforming staff groups into consultative organizations
- Confronting the changes required of the individual to create worth at work
- Building organization capacity by distributing power
- Making conflict work for you
- Becoming a consultant