by Peter Block
In this time of free agency, outsourcing, and cross-functional work teams, consulting has become a part of everyone's job. Plus, we live in an era in which we are forced to hire professionals to provide the help we used to seek from friends. Some of this need for instant expertise is for reassurance; some is just that we do not have time to learn it ourselves. So despite all the ambivalence surrounding consulting, it has grown into big business and generally infiltrated our lives.
The intent of this book is:
- To support the integrity of your expertise
- To change your mind about how you interpret your own consulting experience
- To broaden your way of thinking
- To bring a manageable dose of therapy and art, philosophy and literature into your thoughts about consulting
- To do so in a comforting and simple way