Which Information Does Designed Learning Collect?
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services that you request and to help improve your experience.
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Designed Learning through our website and other social media. Some examples include when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Place an order or make an online purchase from us;
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information, including when required by law;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Submit a Designed Learning related story, testimonial, rating or review, participate in any live chat session, comment on any blog posting, or provide other content that may be posted on the website or any of our social media sites;
- “Follow,” “like” or otherwise connect with us on any of our social media pages; or
otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information that we collect may include contact and payment information such as your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide to us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our website, social media pages, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the website to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our website. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
Who Collects My Information?
Designed Learning collects the information described above via our website and social media pages. In the case of any third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. We recommend that you review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Designed Learning is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
How Does Designed Learning Use My Information?
Designed Learning uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites, social media pages and advertising;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information to affiliates for these purposes.
Does Designed Learning Disclose My Information Outside of Designed Learning?
Designed Learning does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We only disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our website. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or Designed Learning maintains facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances, including when the sharing is necessary to protect Designed Learning, our customers, our employees, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Designed Learning may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Designed Learning or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
How Does Designed Learning Secure My Information?
Securing your information is a company priority, and we use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your account information will be protected during transport across the Internet.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our offices is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of sensitive personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise sought to be made unreadable.
We protect payment card information we collect during transactions. We comply with industry standards that require safeguards for handling and securing customer information, including using secure networks; encryption or other protection of cardholder data; physical and technical access controls; monitors and tests of security systems; and information security policies.
Privacy of Children Online
Our website and social media pages are not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, the Designed Learning website and social media pages do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. Please contact us if you believe we may have collected information from your child, and we will work to delete it.
How Can I Manage the Use of My Information?
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We also use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your express consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications like mail. Opt-out means we consider your consent is implied but will stop the activity on your request.
You can provide us with your marketing preferences by visiting [INSERT LINK], which also allows you to update or change your preferences about receiving marketing materials at any time. Or you may contact us as described below.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Online Operations and Advertising
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our website without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our website but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
How Can I Access and Update My Information?
Designed Learning takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on our website, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated.
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by a third party, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us as described below.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with Designed Learning may opt out of Designed Learning disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do not want Designed Learning to disclose information to other companies for their marketing purposes, and you do not want to receive marketing from Designed Learning, please contact us as described below to opt out.